From Easton to Weston to everywhere in between, parents love our balloon twisting and face painting!
Good morning! Thanks for your follow-up email! Yes, we ADORED the face painting and balloon twisting! I was so relieved to find someone who would match the Frozen theme of our party! I know I’m a little controlling, and it was so great to meet someone so flexible
The kids were all happy and I know you passed out a ton of cards, so I’ll hopefully be seeing you at some birthday’s in our neighborhood very soon!
We don’t normally offer glitter tattoos, but brought on a guest-artist for Taylor’s daughter’s birthday party. Were we able to please?
Hi DAve!!!!!! Thanks so much for the email. Your artist was great! I’m so surprised you guys don’t get more requests for glitter tattoos, but you obviously know some really talented people! It was a great mix for Sydney’s party and we’re really happy we upgraded our package for how many kids we had.
She looooveeedd her birthday crown and was still playing princess until she fell asleep!
You’ll be hearing back from us soon!
Cool name Dave! What did my name-doppleganger think about my balloon twisting at his son’s birthday in CosCob?
Hi Dave! Thanks so much for all of the fun. It ended up working out that not too many kids showed up, because the sculptures you made were amazing!!!! Elly [my daughter] loved her Elsa princess and Ashford took his octopus to bed with him. I can’t believe the stuff you were able to make out of balloons!
You card is up on our fridge now! Expect a phone call very soon for our next party!!!!
Looking to keep the kids entertained? Dave and our face painters can keep all entertainment occasion-appropriate! Just let us know a few basic things:
- What’s the dress code? We’re happy to dress modestly for any religious event, dress up for any formal occasion, or throw on some flip flops for your backyard BBQ!
- How many guests do you think want to be entertained? Just kids? Kids and adults? Just teens? We can come up with designs fun for any group! (Yes, we’ve even done bachelor parties!)
- When are you taking photos? Do you want face paint and balloons in your photos? Can we work with your photographer in advanced to make sure you get exactly the photos you want or don’t want? Just let us know!
- Is there anything else we should know? We want your every event to be perfect, so give us TOO MUCH information!
If your kids like to tinker and play (who doesn’t?) book a BALLOON TWISTING CLASS! with Dave! Here’s how it works:
- 2hrs for up to 10 kids
- We will all learn dogs, swords, and flowers (my first three balloons!)
- The class takes about an hour
- The second hour, kids can get some crazy sculptures as I explain some more about balloons and generally entertain them
- Each kid goes home with their three made sculptures, one big one from Dave, and a mini-balloon-twisting kit as a take-away!
- 2hrs of balloon class is $400 and comes with everything included
Elaine opted for face painting this year at her daughter’s birthday. Will it hold up to Dave’s balloon twisting? (For context, she’s a satisfied return client! We just emailed her to make sure she was just as happy with her service this year as she was last year.)
Hi David! I wish you had been able to be at our party, but Heather was set on face painting [for her birthday]. Your girl (I forget her name?) was wonderful! All of the kids got tons of different faces with extra glitter (of course). Thanks so much for all of your help! Maybe next year we’ll see both of you for Heather’s 7th birthday! 😉
Hey all! I get lots of questions about how I learned to balloon twist, so I thought I’d let everyone who’s curious know how this all began!
Back in 2009, at my oldest child’s kindergarden Parent Action Team meeting, I was put in charge of fundraiser entertainment. After hours of trying to find a free balloon twister and failing, I decided to try it myself. And after a few more hours, I had learned a sword, a dog, and a flower. (Well, it was a start!)
Since then I’ve been getting better and better. And by now, I can twist basically anything you’d want! Because I love it!
Balloon twisters go to professional conventions, can subscribe to services like BalloonClick.com, and can join all sorts of FaceBook groups set on helping them get better. I do all three! Its’ a lot of hours every year, but the results are worth it.
Besides balloon twisting, I work a semi-boring day job, spend my evenings with my wonderful three children, and root for the SeaHawks whenever I find a spare second.
We keep getting asked: “What happens if it snows?”
Connecticut is a pretty crazy place to throw parties during the winter! For everyone’s safety, we ALWAYS encourage you reschedule your party if its going to be snowing or icing within a few hours before your party or during your party. We have heard of a few fender-benders (thankfully nothing worse) by guests trying to get to birthdays!
Our actual policy, however, is this:
- If you outright cancel your party for any reason including snow, you forfeit your deposit
- If you reschedule your party for any reason outside of your control including snow, we will move your deposit
- If we cancel for weather, we refund your money and give you 50% off your next party. This has only happened to us once!
- We won’t cancel for any other reason!
Hope this helps!!!!!!
Okay, who here has watched me squeak balloons as I work? The squeaking of the sharpie when I’m drawing the eyes on your dog? I like the sound! But, okay I can understand it’s annoying…
But the balloon sounds in this video are everything but annoying, it’s music!
Open your speakers, press play and enjoy!
Free entertainment!!!!! (Sort of.)
Our balloon twisters would love to entertain at your festival, for barter!
Dave is looking for four festivals in 2015 to do strolling balloons at, for free, as long as you can supply his assistant a table to set up and meet potential clients at!
All you have to do is:
- Have an expected attendance of over 4,000
- Be located in Southern CT
- Your demographic has to be families
- No overhead costs for PopArt
That’s it! Get in touch with us today!